Pardon Our Mess

I am working on some cosmetic changes for Glory to God for All Things. So if you see changes over the next few days, please be patient.

I would also appreciate feedback if you find any changes to be improvements or bothersome. As I’m learning a little more about how wordpress works, I am looking to see if there are improvements worth making.

Thank you for your patience.

14 Responses to “Pardon Our Mess”

1. Coroebus says:

Father, for whatever it’s worth, I think the previous black text on white background works better; I also prefer the previous font-size.

2. Alyssa says:

Yes, fwiw, I agree with Coroebus. I’m getting too old to read such small font on a black background. Please let this portion at least go back to the former way.

3. Oratiomom says:

I also like the black on white print much better-I guess the eyes are just aging with the rest of me… I also find the new font harder to read…

4. Thanks for the feedback. It’s very helpful. The white on black looks very clean – but readability is by far more important. I think for the time being I just leave things with the new header picture. I realized that the text could hardly be read on the earlier picture (my original one). This picture leaves the text more legible.

Thanks!

5. Irina says:

Is it really necessary to have a frame within the frame, making it hard to scroll through the text? Can’t the text be on the main page so one can scroll with the cursor keys rather than using the tiny down arrow on the inner scroll bar?

6. cp says:

I think the new photo is helpful! While I really liked the old photo, it’s very helpful to me to be able to associate a face with words.

cp

7. cp says:

or associate words with a face!

8. Irina, the format I’ve returned to allows you to scroll – at least I can scroll with the wheel on my mouse. Didn’t notice about the black background option. I’ve decided to stay with this as it is now since it seems to have worked well enough. One of my parishioners (who I know reads this, too) is skilled at blog stuff. I may get her to work with me to see if there are any actual improvements to make. But thanks one and all.

9. Alyssa says:

Oh, didn’t you previously have the “Recent Comments” box closer to the top? I liked that. Makes it easier to see if you need to check comments again without actually having to open a post and scrolling all the way to the bottom…

If that wasn’t you, then someone else did it–and it was good. Might have been Jimmy Akin.

Wow. After reading that, I think I sound awful lazy. Yikes.

10. Alyssa, good suggestion. Don’t think it was me, though.

11. Kirk says:

On the right side, you’ve got links organized alphabetically by subject. The first subject is ‘Anglican’. With all due respect to our Anglican friends, would it not be better to organize this by priority, so that the Orthodox links are listed near the top, then Anglican and Roman Catholic stuff could be together near the bottom?

The reason is this–when someone new visits your blog, they may see “Anglican” at the top right and assume you are (still) an Anglican priest.

Feel free to disregard this suggestion, and forgive me for presuming that I could improve upon your work…

12. Kirk,

I’ve seen the same thing and am working on changing it. Dashboard knowledge is growing.

13. Jason says:

Fr. Freeman,

FWIW: I prefer the comments “look” (i.e. at the bottom of the post) like the Pontificator’s website. I noticed you had GtG set up that way last night, and liked it.

Thanks for your blogging ministry.

14. Thank you one and all for your input. I think I’ll try it like this for a while.

Comments are closed.