Christ is Risen! Χριστός Ανέστη! Христос Воскресе! Hristos a înviat!

Pascha has begun (though still a few hours away here in the Eastern United States). But if you listen carefully, you can begin to hear the bells sounding from the East. Christ is risen!

This delightful Youtube video is a favorite of mine. One of our readers and occasional commenter,  Dejan, (without a doubt my favorite Serb) provided the English translation.  The words are from a poem by St. Nikolai Velimirovich who served for a time as the Rector of St. Tikhon’s Seminary – truly one of the great Serbian saints of the modern era.

Translation:

People rejoice, nations hear:
Christ is risen, and brings the joy!
Stars dance, mountains sing:
Christ is risen, and brings the joy!
Forests murmur, winds hum:
Christ is risen, and brings the joy!
Seas bow, animals roar:
Christ is risen, and brings the joy!
Bees swarm, and the birds sing:
Christ is risen, and brings the joy!

Angels stand, triple the song:
Christ is risen, and brings the joy!
Sky humble yourself, and elevate the earth:
Christ is risen, and brings the joy!
Bells chime, and tell to all:
Christ is risen, and brings the joy!
Glory to You God, everything is possible to You,
Christ is risen, and brings the joy!

16 Responses to “Christ is Risen! Χριστός Ανέστη! Христос Воскресе! Hristos a înviat!”

1. Devin says:

Lovely! Thank your for sharing. Christ is risen!

2. OLGA says:

Absolutely beautiful. As beautiful as was the Holy Liturgy at midnight last night! Χριστός Ανέστη!

3. Ann Hamblen says:

He is risen indeed!

Thank you, Father Stephen, for keeping up this blog.

4. CoffeeZombie says:

Even without the English translation (though I still recognize “Christ is risen!”), this video/song never fails to being tears to my eyes. Truly, Christ is risen!

5. mary benton says:

Indeed, Christ is risen!

As a Catholic, I am on the Roman calendar and the 6th Sunday of Easter. But I celebrate Pascha with you today – for it is an Eternal truth – or no truth at all.

With Fr. Stephen’s permission, I would like share with you my post today on my blog, sharing a short video about the transformative experience of Pascha. (Fr. Stephen and Fr. Aidan get special mention at the end of the post!) You are also welcome to read the previous post which was offered for my own Easter celebration.

Blessings to all!

6. PJ says:

Aye. As we Catholics prepare for Pentecost, I pray that you Orthodox, who are our brothers, have a joyful and transformative Pascha. All glory to the Father through the Son in the Spirit, forever and ever, and unto ages of ages, amen.

7. Karen says:

Indeed, He is risen!

8. Anna says:

Christ is risen! Indeed he is Risen!

Hristos a inviat! Adevarat a inviat!

Best wishes Father, to you and all your readers!

9. Дејан says:

Dear Father,

Thank you so much for your kind words, and thanks also to readers for kind comments. But you know what? Recently I discovered one video in Russian that brought me so much inspiration, it is about life of St. Seraphim of Sarov. Although I generally don’t understand Russian language (though visually I can relate to events from reading his biography), that video touched me so deeply with its universal message which is beyond words, and its emanating of innocence and simplicity that is the mark of the spirit of Russian villages in those times. I stand amazed in front of the infinite possibilities of expressing timeless Orthodox values through contemporary means of creating art – composing songs, making short films, or drawing cartoons. And this art can be such that brings tears of joy in eyes; that animated cartoon really touched me, and therefore most joyfully I am offering it to you. Greetings from Serbia! Ваистину воскресе – Indeed He is risen!

Here is the link: http://youtu.be/avHT6aWCJWo

10. mary benton says:

Fr. Stephen,
    Could you send me an e-mail to contact you? I have an off-topic question to ask you that I do not want to post here. (If this is an inappropriate request, I apologize and you may remove this.) Thank you.

11. Victor says:

Fr Stephen please forgive this off topic effort at contact….

Hello Dejan,

I’m hoping this is you. I remember several years ago an Orthodox discussion board on ICQ. This would be perhaps 2006-07. You, Dn. John from California and I had some good discussions there. Is it you?

V

12. Дејан says:

No, that must be someone else. I don’t know much about Orthodoxy but I am enjoying learning; it happened so that once upon a time WordPress listed 100 most popular blogs on their servers, and I was surprised to see there is an Orthodox blog there. I think it was in 2007, back then this blog was much smaller – but also full of certain sublime peace as today (which is not easy thing to maintain), and I was so glad to find that someone uses internet in such constructive way. Needless to say, in many difficult moments I found consolation and inner reassurance while resonating with what I read here in the blog and Fr. Stephen is definitely my favourite Orthodox priest :). His seeking of truth is with childlike attitude – we never know what would be next topic he will write on, but whatever he chooses he is going to play with words with same joy as a child is playing with toys, re-creating more fulfilling realities and perspectives to point on. No geometry here on the blog, just pure poetry.

13. Kate says:

Truly He is Risen!

Thank you Fr., for sharing this. I was very sick during Holy Week and Bright Week, and so I missed almost everything. The nuns at St. Paisius Monastery in Arizona have a recording of this song in English. It’s so lovely, I started teaching it to my daughter. Thank you again.

Comments are closed.